This is a brilliant example of using persuasion tactics in a presentation to accomplish your goals. Obviously, it is a movie, but when I teach my presentation skills courses, these are some of the critical things we discuss.
- Know your goal
- Know who your audience is, their background and more
- Know your audience’s motivations and emotional needs
- Know your material and be confident in your knowledge
- Use passion wherever you can
- Speak to your audience
- Remember it is all about them, your audience and not you
All in all a pitch perfect presentation and persuasion example. I am adding this to my curriculum.
Great movie too, by the way. Now available on HBO.