A Day in The Life of A CIO (From The Angel Journal)
Joyce Vonada, CIO of AutoNation gives her top 10 tips on how NOT to sell the CIO of a company:
10. Call constantly in the hope that persistence will win you favor.
9. Name drop.
8. Have no idea what my company does or how your product fits my needs.
7. Shotgun emails and mailings.
6. Selll around IT. 5. Buzzword bingo (meaning, speak English!)
4. Giveaways, trinkets and bobbles (although giving money to a charity will spark my interest).
3. Bully my staff.
2. Go over my head and complain.
1. Overpromise: “I can do it all!”